Sunday 19 September 2010

Chanterelle Season!

I was not overly motivated to get out on the water this weekend, but I did take two long walks between rain showers and saw lots of mushrooms, including hundreds of Fircone cap -- that funky little mushroom that grows out of fir cones littered on the forest floor.

Of the edible kind I saw a few Rosy Gomphidius, some puffballs, and happily some Pacific Golden Chanterelles. Of the non edible variety I was fortunate to see what I believe was Clustered collybia along with some very large Rosy Russulas and some very badly mangled Wooly Chanterelles.

From Mushroom Hunt -- September 18, 2010
To view a video of the habitat I found these in, and some more photos, see the album here:

Mushroom Hunt -- September 18, 2010

3 comments:

  1. Great picture. I have seen some great mushrooms while fishing lately. This is my first time on your blog. It is very nice!

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog, what an awesome idea. I can't wait to read through all your posts. Used to live there and going back soon!

    ReplyDelete